Walski thought that he'd give you an update on how the campaign’s going so far – part filler post, part public service announcement… that sort of thing.
In any case, since the campaign launch last Saturday, August 22nd, it’s kinda been slowly picking up momentum. Okay, perhaps not as fast as Walski would’ve liked it to be, but picking up momentum all the same.
Apart from the initial 19 participating blogs, the following blogs have been kind enough to contribute to the campaign, either by reposting the introductory post, or to pen a few thoughts of their own:
This is by no means a comprehensive list, but those that Walski managed to track. If you’ve contributed and aren’t on the list, do let Walski know.
Meanwhile, the initial participants haven’t been idle, either...
(what the initial 19 have been blogging about, and more, in the full post)
As the hot issue of the day is the whipping punishment of Kartika for drinking beer, there have been a few posts up covering the question of alcohol vis-a-vis the Quran (including what Selangor intends to do).
- Rantings By MM – LRTQ2: Mercy and Repentance at the Heart of the Quran
- OutSyed The Box – Hassan Ali & The Temple of Doom & LRTQ 2 : Alchohol
- Anas Zubedy – What does the Quran says about Alcohol Consumption?
- myAsylum – Intoxicating Rhetoric
- ARTiculations – The Legality of Caning Kartika
The other participants have been busy posting, too, even if not commenting on the issue of the day:
- Abacus-ical Quran? (Lunch At The Lake Club) – an interesting look at numbers and how they figure prominently in the Quran, among other places
- What Do I write about the Quran? (Rapera) – a good how-to guide that can be used for anyone wishing to participate in this campaign
Well, that’s about all that Walski has to update you folks for now. He’s certain that the campaign will pick up steam in the coming days.
Happy reading the Quran. And hopefully blogging about it!