In need to find something?
Custom Search
Related Posts with Thumbnails

Sunday, April 17, 2011

Ricky Gervais' Easter Message

Technorati tags: , , ,

If you're hoping that this is something similar to the Pope's messages, then it would probably be a good thing if you skipped this one.

Comedian Ricky Gervais penned a follow up to his Christmas message last year. Although it talks about Christians and Christianity, what Gervais has to say applies almost equally to all faiths.

A good read, but could be subtly insulting if you're one of those who think faith should be blind...

Amplify’d from blogs.wsj.com

An (Atheist) Easter Message from Ricky Gervais

Last Christmas I wrote a little essay entitled: “A Holiday Message from Ricky Gervais: Why I’m an Atheist.”

The Wall Street Journal ran it, and it caused quite a stir. I was even asked to answer some of the comments.

So for Easter I thought I’d do another one. Here it is.

The title of this one is a little misleading, or at least cryptic. I am of course not a good Christian in the sense that I believe that Jesus was half man, half God, but I do believe I am a good Christian compared to a lot of Christians.

It’s not that I don’t believe that the teachings of Jesus wouldn’t make this a better world if they were followed. It’s just that they are rarely followed.

Gandhi summed it up really. He said, “I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.”

Read more at blogs.wsj.com