In need to find something?
Custom Search
Related Posts with Thumbnails

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Bank Ah-Long Bhd: 15-day loans for your FIFA World Cup betting needs!

Technorati tags: , ,

I didn't realize how close the FIFA World Cup Germany 2006 was, until I saw this today, littered all over the sidewalk near my office.

Image hosting by Photobucket
Get your World Cup loan at only 73% p.a.

Now, it's no secret that the bookies work overtime in overdrive mode every time this tournement comes along. And it's no secret that the stakes get ridiculously high.

Personally, I don't gamble. Morals aside, it's just that I got way better things to do with my hard-earned moolah. I don't give a rat's behind if others are willing to risk their hard-earned moolah for this high-risk money pit investment.

Image hosting by PhotobucketBut I do draw the line when perfectly good kopitiams (coffeeshops), with real tasty Penang-style Asam Laksa and Char Koay Teaw, get put up as collateral. It just pisses me off to no end. And when that coffeshop gets disposed off, the good stalls disappear, too, usually.

3% for 15 days, works out to... what? About 73% per annum? Sheesh... I've I had the spare cash, I'd be a loan shark, too. You don't get returns any better than this!