In need to find something?
Custom Search
Related Posts with Thumbnails

Friday, March 03, 2006

Citizens' Protest March Near KLCC

Technorati tags: , , , ,

It just so happens I had a meeting at KLCC at 2:30pm this afternoon. Of course, I knew about the protest, and thus was armed with my digital camera.

Just after 2pm, the Suria KLCC security cordoned off the rear/fountain-court entrace to the complex, leaving just the middle two doors for entry and exit.

Image hosting by Photobucket

Not long after that, the Friday prayers ended, and folks working at KLCC started to get back to work. It was also around this time that a Police Aerial Surveillance Unit showed up, providing a birds-eye view.

Image hosting by Photobucket

The FRU trucks arrived around about the same time. There were about 4 - 5 large personnel carriers, meaning that there were approximately 75 - 100 FRU personnel on the scene. They were deployed all around the front of the Twin Towers enterances.

Image hosting by Photobucket

Unfortunately, I had to leave for my meeting, and couldn't take the actual protest pictures. Fortunately, several other blogs and the Harakah website have numerous pictures. The first set below comes from MageP's Lab.

Image hosting by Photobucket

However, I have no clue what a placard stating DON'T INSULT OUR PROPHET was doing in this particular protest!! Trust PAS supporters to look silly...

Image hosting by Photobucket

There is another great set of photos, plus a video, of the protest march that can be found at HodgePodge I Am. I've re-posted one of them below.

Image hosting by Photobucket

The Harakah website has a whole host of pictures taken during the protest march. I've included a couple here as well, which I thought were pretty good ones.

Image hosting by Photobucket

Image hosting by Photobucket

By the time I came back out from my meeting, around 3:15pm, the protest march had made its way down Jalan Ampang; I was told that they were headed towards Concorde Hotel - but I can't confirm this.

Image hosting by Photobucket

I honestly don't know what real good will come out of this protest march. It will definitely not bring the price of fuel back down, that's for sure. Perhaps we should ALL stay home one weekend a month - no malls, and no going out in your automobile, unless it's an emergency. That's one way to really show our dissatisfaction - hit 'em where it hurts... economically.