In need to find something?
Custom Search
Related Posts with Thumbnails

Wednesday, January 25, 2006

My ego incarnate sees the light of day

Technorati tags: , ,

I really don't know why it took me this long to start a blog. I've known about blogging for at least a year and a half (maybe three!!). Did I want to then? Yeah, I suppose so, but there didn't seem to be a pressing need.

Then all this nonsense about Black Metal, the ever-encroaching Syariah, and the general stupidity surrounding these and other pressing social issues, came along. I had to do something. For a long time, I thought I'd suffered from terminal writer's block. This Savage Chickens cartoon, too, came to mind.

Image hosting by PhotobucketSavage Chickens is a syndicated cartoon by Doug Savage

Not really a rational fear, but what if what my blog is really, really uninteresting, and interests no one? What if the entire nation is more interested in following the Bigfoot saga? Or the numerous Bigfoot-in-the-mouth political sagas happening in our beloved Assylum? What if...

"Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday..."

It's something I remembered from my childhood; something my dad got from Reader's Digest (or somewhere), and read outloud to my mom and I.

Sieze the day.. Carpe Diem... So without further hesitation, I went for it.

And now, there's no turning back! I am a blogger... finally.